Surah an-Naas (114)
First level review done; 2nd level review underway. Also published on website:
* TODO: replace transliteration with arabic; ayah references with arabic + translation.
* TODO: For below only summaries done; do full. Note: The Page #s are from mutaradifaat book; every word entry in book has detailed and summary section.
'a3uwthu: To give refuge, to ask for refuge. page 289. (panah deyna, mangna)
1. Aajara: Seeking refuge & protection from enemy.
2. 'a3aatha: Seeking refuge & protection from all evil spirits.
Ref: 2:67, 7:200
rabb: to nourish/to bring up. page 279. (parwarish karna)
1. Raba/Rabba: Used only for bringing up & training. Ref: 26:18, 17:34.
2. Ambata: To germinate, to produce as a tree: to cause to grow or spring up. Ref: 3:27
3. Ansha: To give birth, then raise up with care. Ref: 56:76, 13:12, 43:18.
4. Rabba: To give birth, then train step by step until reach perfection, and to care for all his needs. Ref: 1:2, 12:41, 12:39.
5. kaffala: To take responsibility for someone's bringing up & training. Ref: 3:44.
malik: kingship. page 172. (baadshaiy)
1. when used to express authority or pomp & show (Sultan used in three meanings: (1) Authority (2) Kingdom, (3) King - plural kings (salateen) ). Ref: 69:28-29.
2. when need to show extent of territory. Ref: 3:26, 2:102, 36:83.
ma3bood: god. page 818. (ma3bood)
1. A god, anything worthy of worship according to any faith. Ref: 11:101.
2. The Only God. Ref: 2:163, 2:255, 3:36.
sharri: bad. page 206. (buraa, buraa'iy)
1. bi'sa: word of disgrace, opposite: Ni'ma = very good. Ref: 2:206.
2. sharra: Everything that a man hates (bad, wicked). Ref: 2:216, 38:62.
3. saa'a: used for ugliness of appearance & meaning. Ref: 6:31, 67:27, 17:7, 40:58.
4. qabiHa: Ugly, loathsome - of face, words, deeds - but mostly as outword ugliness. Ref: 68:46.
waswaas: whispering, inciting. page 485. (dil main baath dalnaa)
1. waHY: Revelation regarding knowledge, rules, faith, unknown things. Ref: 41:12, 16:68, 28:7, 19:11, 6:121, 2:97.
2. ilhaam: Revelation regarding doing a job or not doing it. Ref: 91:8.
3. ilqaa`: Revelation regarding knowledge/learning. Ref: 54:25, 2:37.
4. waswaas: The tempter, Satan; to whisper evil. Ref: 114:4-5.
5. hamazaat: Evil suggestion of the devil; a back-biter. Ref: 23:97.
1, 2, 3 can be from Allah or from satan whereas 4 & 5 can be from satan only.
Sadr: heart. page 483. (dil)
1. Qalb: Heart, center of understanding, perception, knowledge and consideration. Ref: 7:179.
2. Fu'aad (Fa'ad): Heart, center of emotions, passions. Ref: 17:36, 14:42.
3. Sadr: The bosom, breast; hide emotions, both narrow & wide. Ref: 22:46, 15:97, 97:13, 40:19, 114:5.
4. Nafs: Center for wants/wishes, used for being happy and to hide things. Ref: 22:37, 53:22, 4:4.
Khannas: Jinn. page 392.
1. Jinn: Genii, demons, spirits as opposted to men. Creation other than man, hidden: made of fire. also bound by shariah. Ref: 51:56.
2. Shaitaan: Bad, revolting & dangerous jinns or men. Ref: 6:112.
3. Ma'arid: The shaitan who reaches the peak in doing things that hurt others. Also in revolting and doing mischief. Ref: 27:7.
4. khannaas: The one who whispers. Ref: 114:4-6.
5. Efreet: (to roll one in the dust.) A rebellious and giant of a jinn. Ref: 27:39.
See also page 326 'peeche ke doosre mustaqqaat'.