103 - surah Al-Asr
---- Ayah 1 ---
Asr. page 559.
* Dahar 76:1
Space of time from creation of the worlds to its end
* Asr 103:1
Space of time from creation of man till the day of resurrection.
* Qarn 20:51
A generation or people of a generation.
* Huqba 18:61
A long space of time; space of eighty years.
* Raibal Manoon 52:30
The vicissitudes of time; passing of time.
Insaan (Aadmi). page 71.
* Ins: 51:56 2:24 2:60 25:49
plural: naas, anaas & anasiyya. Used when mentioning the social aspects of man.
* Adam: used when referring to Adam (alaihis salaam) & whole of manking.
* Bashar: 74:29, 23:47, 17:94-95.
Used when describing the natural and physical necessities of man.
------- Ayah 2 --------
Inna (beshak). page 253.
* Inna, Anna: 2:20, 2:260, 2:68, 62:1 (verily, indeed = literal meaning)
Inna comes as an initial word whereas anna comes in the middle of a verse.
* La jarama: 11:22 (No doubt = literal meaning)
Is used as emphasis on Anna.
* Qad: 58:1 (Already, not unexpected = literal meaning)
Enters in past tense and gives it the meaning of recent past.
Khusr (Nuqsaan. nuqsaan hona). page 854.
* Zarr, zair: 7:188, 36:50
To hurt, harm, injure.
* khasaran: 35:39
Suffer loss in trade.
* Kasad: 9:24
A want of purchasers; the act of remaining unsold.
* bakhas: 72:12
To receive a deficient & wasteful thing in exchange for a good thing.
* bowar: 35:29
Perdition, one who is lost, broke.
* Maghram: 9:60, 56:65-66
A debt that must be paid, a forced loan.
------- Ayah 3 ---------
3amila (kaam karna). page 693.
* Fa'ala: 26:29, 2:68 (to do, make, perform, accomplish)
Any word done, whether advertently or inadvertently.
* 3amila: 18:79 (to be active)
Such work which is done (want only) to satisfy some want.
* sana3a: 11:38 (to nourish, to bring up)
To make do. Chiefly used in things where art is employed.
* sada'a: 15:94 (to split, expound, profer openly)
To do something against all odds.
* jaraha: 6:60, 45:21 (to wound; acquire for one's self)
To wound; those who seek to do evil.
* ta'ammada: 4:93 (to afflict)
To do something evil on purpose.
* amr: 27:33 (a command, decree, matter, thing, business)
More encompassing work which includes physical, mental & status etc)
* sha'an: 55:29, 24:62
A personally satisfying job, work done (to know, care for)
Haqqa (sabith hona). page 377.
* Haqqa: 17:16
That which is right and proper, just due.
* hashas: 12:51
To become manifest; truth reveals after being suppressed for sometime.
Sabr (bardasth karna). page 212.
* Hilm: 37:101 (understanding, kind, gracious, intelligent)
To be patient when sad or angry & to postpone & give time before giving punishment.
* Sabr: 2:177
To be patient & constant during every kind of adversity.
* Kazm: 12:85, 3:134
To restrain, grieving inwardly & in silence.